Disease Prevention and Management
Our Care Van® Program Offers Wellness on Wheels!
Immunizing the people of Illinois is the most direct, simple way to build healthier communities one shot and one person at a time.
For nearly 25 years, our fleet of two Care Vans has provided free immunizations and other health services in partnership with public organizations across the state.
Some of our Care Van partners in 2013 included:
- Chicago Department of Public Health
- Edgar County Department of Public Health
- Glen Oak Medical Plaza in Peoria
- Madison County Health Department
- Du Page County Health Department
- Consulate General of Mexico in Chicago
- Chicago Aldermanic Offices
- Chicago Police Districts
Vaccinate Illinois Week
BCBSIL was a founding partner of Vaccinate Chicago Week in 2012. In 2013, the program expanded to become a statewide initiative aimed at educating everyone in Illinois about the importance of immunizations.